Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My neighbor gave me a bunch of lemons so I have been searching for lemon recipes. I came across this one that looks really good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup lemon yogurt or 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
LEMON YOGURT FROSTING
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon plain yogurt or 1 -2 tablespoon lemon yogurt or 1 -2 tablespoon vanilla yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour 9x9-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine flour,baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl beat margarine with electric mixer 30 seconds.
- Add sugar,lemon peel and vanilla; beat well.
- Add eggs,1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and yogurt alternately to margarine mixture, beating after each addition.
- Stir in carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; Spread evenly. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Spread cake with lemon yogurt frosting.
- LEMON YOGURT FROSTING DIRECTIONS:
- In a small bowl beat margarine until softened.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar; beat well.
- Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
- Add enough yogurt to make a spreadable frosting.