These make delicious finger food for parties. I found the recipe in a vegetarian cookbook but everyone appears to enjoy it. I am often asked for the recipe and people are always surprised to find out it has tofu in it. The instructions say "serves 2" and I would guess this makes about 12 or 15. Adjust herbs and seasonings to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the spring onions, ginger, lemon grass, coriander and garlic in a food processor and process lightly until mixed together and chopped, but still quite chunky.
- 2Add the soy sauce, tofu, breadcrumbs, egg and pepper and process until just combined.
- 3Using wet hands, take dessertspoonfuls of the mixture and pat into flat cakes.
- 4Lightly fry both sides in a non-stick fry pan that has been wiped over with oil or alternatively place on an oiled grill pan brush with oil and cook under a preheated grill until golden on both sides.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemongrass and Tofu Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 449.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: