Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
sounds strange I know but it is perfect for summer and picnics
Make and share this Lemonade Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup flour, unbleached
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Mix lemonade concentrate and water in a small bowl. Pour over chicken in larger bowl. Refrigerate 2 hours or longer. Drain chicken and reserve liquid. Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in a small paper bag. Add well-drained chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat evenly. Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat. Add floured chicken; cook until evenly browned, turning pieces over carefully. Remove chicken and arrange in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with melted butter; add reserved lemonade. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven uncovered about 1 hour, basting chicken with lemonade from pan every 15 minutes. About 15 minutes before chicken is done, drain off excess juice from pan. Serve hot.