Recipe by Sassy in da South
This is a Southern Living recipe that is great. These can also be made with different types of lemonade, such as pink or raspberry lemonade.
Top Review by huneybee327
I was in a huge hurry to make some lemon cupcakes. I'm so happy I picked this recipe!!! YUMMY!!! I didn't have any lemonade concentrate so I used Limeade concentrate. I put a squeeze of fresh lime & Lemon juice plus zest in cupcakes. So moist and wonderful. I also doubled the frosting, MMMMMMM goood. Thanks so much for this recipe. :D
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 grated lemon rind
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove 2 tablespoons lemonade concentrate from can and discard or reserve for other use.
- Combine remaining lemonade concentrate, cake mix, sour cream, cream cheese and eggs in large bowl.
- Add food coloring (if desired) and mix thoroughly.
- Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool completely before frosting with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Frosting: In a large bowl, cream together all ingredients until thick, smooth, and spreadable; use immediately.
- Store frosted goods covered in the refrigerator; bring to room temperature before serving.