Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another one of my "tried and true" recipes that I've been making for years. The lemonade adds a very tangy note to the sweet sauce. Although I've always made the ribs in the oven, I'm sure they could be finished on a grill. I usually serve with baked potatoes and a vegetable. Country ribs are meatier than baby back ribs, and I really like to use boneless country ribs for this recipe.
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (I use A-1)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut ribs into single rib portions.
- Arrange meat on a rack in an open roasting pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a covered blender at high speed, blend all remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Drain accumulated grease from baking pan.
- Brush ribs with half of the sauce.
- Bake 1 hour longer, basting occasionally with remaining sauce.
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice can be added to sauce if it's too sweet.