Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicately flavoured cheesecake made with cottage cheese.
Make and share this Lemon & Vanilla Curd Cake (Irish Cheesecake) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (gas mark 4), warm a baking sheet and grease a loose-bottomed flan tin.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry until thin, then line the flan tin with the dough, trimming off any excess.
- Chill pastry case in the fridge.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, then beat in the egg yolks, flour, lemon rind, lemon juice and sieved cottage cheese.
- Mix well, then spoon into the pastry case.
- Mix topping ingredients together and spread on top of the curd filling.
- Place the flan tin on the warmed baking sheet and bake for approximately 1 hour or until the top is lightly browned and slightly firm.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve cool but not chilled.
This was a lovely cheesecake. The lemon taste was wonderful and I believe that the cottage cheese gave it a wonderful texture. This receipe was easy to make and I plan on making it again in the future!