Montana Heart Song's Note:
Boiled a little, fried a little, then smothered a little with the lemon sweet butter sauce. Serve as a side dish to pork or meat dishes with tomato base.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan add salt and 4 quarts of water. Bring to boil.
- 2Add artichokes.
- 3Boil five minutes.
- 4Drain in colandar.
- 5In large frying pan, add olive oil and heat.
- 6Add drained artichokes. Saute. Turning with spatula until sides are lightly browned.
- 7Take out of pan and set aside.
- 8Add lemon juice, butter and sugar or substitute to frying pan. Gently simmer.
- 9Add 1/2 cup water, stir to mix.
- 10Add fried artichokes. Toss to cover with lemon sweet butter sauce.
- 11Cook five minutes at simmer.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Sweet Butter Jerusalem Artichokes(Sun Chokes)
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 489.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g