Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Boiled a little, fried a little, then smothered a little with the lemon sweet butter sauce. Serve as a side dish to pork or meat dishes with tomato base.
- 907.18 g artichokes, scrubbed and cut 1/4 inch rounds
- 4.92 ml salt
- 3784.0 ml water
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml butter
- 9.85 ml sugar or 9.85 ml Splenda sugar substitute, packet equivelent
- 118.29 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan add salt and 4 quarts of water. Bring to boil.
- Add artichokes.
- Boil five minutes.
- Drain in colandar.
- In large frying pan, add olive oil and heat.
- Add drained artichokes. Saute. Turning with spatula until sides are lightly browned.
- Take out of pan and set aside.
- Add lemon juice, butter and sugar or substitute to frying pan. Gently simmer.
- Add 1/2 cup water, stir to mix.
- Add fried artichokes. Toss to cover with lemon sweet butter sauce.
- Cook five minutes at simmer.