Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are the soft kind of sugar cookies. Make sure to store them in an airtight container.
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Blend butter, shortening, sugars, & eggs until smooth.
- Combine the soda, cream of tarter, and flour. Add to the sugar mixture gradually until well blended.
- Stir in the vanilla and lemon extract.
- Cool dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls & slightly flatten with sugar coated glass.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 350*F until golden at edges.