Recipe by the accidental glutton
This is a fantastic pasta- it has a strong lemon flavor plus a kick of spice from the red pepper flakes! It's a Rachel Ray recipe & she served it alongside fish.
Top Review by NurseJaney
Happened to see this on TV in a restaurant, (with sound off !) -- and raced home to save the recipe. Have made it twice since lemon is my favorite flavor and pasta my favorite meal ! Last night, added 1/2 butter to the oil, and sauteed some shrimp to add. Served ONLY with garlic bread -- amazing how well the pasta soaks up the liquid. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- handful flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, very thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water and drop the spaghetti into the pot.
- Heat a large deep skillet over low heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil and garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- When the pasta has been cooking about 5 minutes, add lemon juice, a ladle of the cooking water from the pasta and the cream to the garlic and oil. Raise heat a bit to bring sauce to a bubble.
- Drain pasta when it still has a good bite to it, al dente. Add lemon zest and half of the cheese to the cream sauce. Season the sauce with salt, to taste. Add pasta to pan and turn off heat. Toss the pasta with sauce a minute or 2, allowing it time to soak up the sauce.
- Top the plates of pasta or platter with remaining cheese, parsley and basil.