Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love these! I usually cut mine into much larger pieces than 32...
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press firmly over the bottom of greased 9" square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or till pastry is light brown.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs, brown sugar, nuts, coconut and vanilla. Pour over partially baked pastry.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until topping is firm.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Spread lemon glaze on top and cut into 32 small bars.
- Lemon Glaze: 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp grated lemon rind.
- Blend all ingredients till smooth and spread over bars.
I was a little doubtful, but WOW. Great cookie. Baking time is a little off, but just watch it carefully. Will make again, and again,....