Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Combine broth, beans, garlic, turmeric and cumin in large saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and lemon juice until well-blended.
- Gradually whisk 2 cups soup into egg mixture.
- Return to saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- (Do not boil.).
- Add cayenne.
- Season with salt.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with mint.
This soup is superb. Not enough lemon so I added lime juice also. Didn't have mint but can imagine that it would be a great addition. Will add the mint in future makings. This will be in my rotation since it's simple yet tastes like you put in lots more effort. If you like foods with an "ethnic" flavor, I think you'll also enjoy this soup.
Haven't tried this yet, but comments on Epicurious indicate that the turmeric and cumin seed proportions probably should be switched. Looking forward to trying this!