Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
this has been a all time favorite of mine and i just picked up a new cook book and was delighted to see this, hope to hear what you think.
- 3 large eggs
- 175 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, grated
- 450 ml whipping cream, whipped
- 15 g gelatin, soaked in
- 3 tablespoons water (if you can ind alternative the please use gelatin is not one of my favorite ingredients)
- chopped almonds, toasted to decorate
- tie band of double grease proof paper around a 15cm(6inch) a soufle dish to stand 5cm(2inch) above the rim; oil inside of paper.
- place the egg yolks, sugar and lemon rind in a bowl and mix.
- heat the lemon juice on small pan and pour over egg mixture.
- whisk using an electric beater till thick then fold in 2/3 of cream.
- stir the soaked gelatin in a bowl over a pan of simmer water until dissolved add to the souffle and stir carefully till begins to set.
- whisk the egg whites till thick then fold into the mixture. pour into the prepared dish then leave until set.
- remove the paper carefully and press the nuts around the side.
- spread some of the remaining cream over the top and pipe cream around the edge.
- chill before serving.