Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I didn't include the chilling time
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons finely shredded orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemons, rind of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a small bowl, bet the egg yolks and 1/4c.
- sugar for 5 minutes, or'til thick and lemon-colored; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in 1/4c.
- cold water for 5 minutes.
- Place on low heat; cook and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add orange and lemon peel and juices.
- Stir gelatin mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in 3/4c.
- sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into egg mixture.
- Chill until mixture mounds and spoon into serving dishes; chill until set.