Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Amontillado sherry is a dry sherry.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 lemon, juice and zest (Meyer lemon if you can get it)
- 1⁄4 dry sherry (Amontillado-not cooking sherry!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the garlic until soft.
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper and lightly dust the scallops with mixture. Add scallops to garlic and saute 2 minutes without stirring. Sprinkle with lemon zest and turn scallops over and cook another 3 minutes, until just opaque.
- Dissolve brown sugar in sherry and add to pan. Remove scallops with slotted spoon to a heated serving plate.
- Deglaze pan with lemon juice, reducing liquid by half. Drizzle over scallops.