Recipe by Ohmikeghod
I made this lemon sauce a few days ago for some halibut I pan fried. I thought it came out pretty tasty, so I thought I'd share.
Top Review by Russian Black
Thank you for posting this. I have been looking for a lemon sauce for fish for a very long time so am really pleased to finally find one. I made it on the weekend as posted and really enjoyed it. The only thing I found was that it was a little too tart for my taste. However, I can easily fix this by not using as much lemon juice next time. One more thing: I made it in a small bowl in the microwave instead of on the cooktop. I don't like washing up saucepans and I don't have many small ones! Thanks again.
- 1 head garlic (approx 9 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- When I originally wrote this recipe, I really didn't think about the garlic much. I was using peeled garlic. If you use a head of garlic, do yourself a favor: Cut the head in half across the grain, and either use a garlic roaster, or wrap the head in foil tightly and bake for an hour at 250; That will loosen the cloves, and roasting will impart more flavor. Just squeeze each clove into the pan. OR (original instruction) mince the garlic until it's very fine.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Add the minced garlic. brown the mixture.
- Add the flour and whisk to form a roux.
- Add the lemon juice and milk. Continue whisking until the sauce is smooth.
- Hey! you're done! Pour a bit over your fish and enjoy!