Recipe by ellie_
I came across this recipe and thought it was a delicious way to use fresh rosemary. Recipe source: Natural Home and Garden (May 2005) from Desserts from an Herb Garden
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml rosemary, minced
- 14.79 ml lemon zest, minced (or lemon veranca)
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
For the glaze
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 14.79 ml milk
- 19.71 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a small bowl combine first five ingredients (flour - lemon zest) and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl and using electric beaters beat eggs and sugar together until thick. Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixture using low speed on mixer. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl with clean beaters beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until done (top of cake springs back when pressed). Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To prepare glaze, whisk together glaze ingredients (sugar - lemon juice).
- Place cake on serving dish and drizzle glaze over cooled cake.