1/2 Photos of Lemon Rosemary Cake
1 hr 5 mins
I came across this recipe and thought it was a delicious way to use fresh rosemary. Recipe source: Natural Home and Garden (May 2005) from Desserts from an Herb Garden
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml rosemary, minced
- 14.79 ml lemon zest, minced (or lemon veranca)
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
For the glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- 3In a small bowl combine first five ingredients (flour - lemon zest) and set aside.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and vanilla.
- 5In a large bowl and using electric beaters beat eggs and sugar together until thick. Alternately add flour and buttermilk mixture using low speed on mixer. Mix until combined.
- 6In a separate bowl with clean beaters beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 8Bake 45-50 minutes or until done (top of cake springs back when pressed). Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto cooling rack to finish cooling.
- 9To prepare glaze, whisk together glaze ingredients (sugar - lemon juice).
- 10Place cake on serving dish and drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Rosemary Cake
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 113.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g