Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe from Minute Rice uses just three main ingredients, takes ten minutes to prepare, and can be on the table in just over a half-hour. One plus one plus one and you're done. Now, that's a weekday win.
- 2 (125 g) envelopesminute rice jasmine rice
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets (5 to 6 oz/140 to 170 g each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Cook rice according to package directions. Add peas during the last minute of cooking; stir in half of the green onion, and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, score skin side of salmon, slicing 1/2-inch (1 cm) across and about 1/4-inch (5 mm) deep; season all over with salt and pepper.
- In large, heavy-bottom skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook salmon skin side down for about 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown and crispy. Turn over; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice and lemon wedges. Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
- For simple 1+1+1 meal ideas and inspiration, visit Thirdoftheway.ca or share your #weekdaywin on social media to inspire others.