Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This cheesecake is a little different. It uses instant lemon pudding mix. I think different flavors of pudding mix could be substituted. Let me know if you do.
- 1 1⁄4 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix crushed vanilla wafers, 1 tbsp.
- sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour and milk in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream and min.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in dry pudding just until blended.
- Bake one hour and 5-15 minutes until center of cheesecake is set.
- Run a knive around the edge of the pan.
- Let cool then refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Keep refrigerated.
- (Blueberry pie filling sounds like a good topping but it is good plain).
It was easy to make, a little on the expensive side . I baked for 1 1/4 hours at 325, worked okay. Creamy nice tasting, but as the recipe states Lemon Pudding Cheesecake, and that is what it tasted like lemon pudding, so all said and done, I prefer many other cakes to this one, to serve as a cheesecake.
Made this for our family gathering Sunday evening. Wonderful, creamy, and sweet & delicately tart at the same time. I scraped off the strawberry cool whip on my own piece, but the others enjoyed it with it. Tasted like New York style lemon cheesecake. I could have sworn the crust had blendarized pecans in it, had I not made it myself and had known I didn't put any nuts in the crust. I like this crust much better than graham cracker ones. It did take about 1&1/2 hrs to cook, but maybe my oven is cooler than barbacious'.
I used pistachio pudding mix and it was pretty good. also I didn't cook it for the whole hour and 15 minutes, only about 50 to 55 minutes. Maybe my oven is hotter.