Spicy Carrot Peanut Soup
photo by Moor Driver
- Ready In:
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, salt, and chili paste.
- Stirring frequently, saute the vegetables over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the water, cover the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Add in the peanut butter, soy sauce, and lime juice; stir to combine.
- Puree the soup in batches using an electric blender.
- Reheat soup if necessary and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It was very easy to make. I omitted the celery (didn't have any) and used 1/4t cayenne instead of chili paste. It tasted great but it called for way too much water. I put in 4c water and realized that it would be really thin once pureed so I added 1 lg potato to fill it out a bit. I turned out great though. I might add the potato again next time.