African Chicken Peanut Soup
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can healthy choice low-fat low-sodium chicken and rice soup (undiluted)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium high heat until hot.
- Add sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno; saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients (chicken through beans); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, stirring with a whisk; cook 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!