Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed mint leaf
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (12 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- fresh mint sprig
- Process sugar and mint leaves in a processor until blended Beat softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy; gradually add 1 1/2 tablespoons mint mixture and 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- Add flour alternately with 1/2 cup whipping cream, beginning and ending with flour.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice.
- Pour batter into a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove pound cake from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- Beat remaining 2 cups whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tbsp mint mixture at medium speed with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in lemon curd.
- Stir together remaining mint mixture, remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and strawberries.
- Serve pound cake with lemon cream and strawberries.
- Garnish, if desired.