Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A make easy white cake from a mix with pockets of lemon filling. Have not tried this yet, but I hope someone beats me to it because it sounds great! Cook time and servings are estimated; check box for actuals.
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 eggs (or per cake mix directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or per cake mix directions)
- 1 cup water (or per cake mix directions)
- 1 (21 ounce) canlemon flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) containerready to spread lemon frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Mix cake as directed on box and pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9 pan.
- Place spoonfuls of lemon pie filling in blobs over batter.
- Bake as directed on box.
- Cake batter covers blobs to create pockets of lemon filling inside.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix together frosting and cool whip and spread on cake.
- Keep refrigerated.
My Husband and I LOVED this recipe !!! It was so easy to make and turned out beautifully. I used lemon cake mix instead of white for an even lemonier flavor. It is delicious ! Thank you for such a great recipe !!
I'm making this cake as I'm writing. So I can't give a review quite yet. But I'd just like to say that I would love to read a review that is actually based on the original recipe. Not changed, added to, taken away or totally redone. It is one of my pet peeves. Please if you don't make the recipe like the original, don't post a review on it.
This is delicious! I used about 2/3 of the can of lemon pie filling in the cake.My only complaint is that the lemon sunk to the bottom. Next time I will try to swirl it in and see how that comes out. I didn't have canned frosting so I took the remaining 1/3 can of filling, mixed it with about 4 oz. of softened cream cheese and 3 Tbsp. of powdered sugar, and folded in 12 oz. cool whip. This made for a yummy topping. Thanks for the recipe. I'll be making it again.