Recipe by Marie
A make easy white cake from a mix with pockets of lemon filling. Have not tried this yet, but I hope someone beats me to it because it sounds great! Cook time and servings are estimated; check box for actuals.
Top Review by MissHappy2BeMe
I'm making this cake as I'm writing. So I can't give a review quite yet. But I'd just like to say that I would love to read a review that is actually based on the original recipe. Not changed, added to, taken away or totally redone. It is one of my pet peeves. Please if you don't make the recipe like the original, don't post a review on it.
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 eggs (or per cake mix directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or per cake mix directions)
- 1 cup water (or per cake mix directions)
- 1 (21 ounce) canlemon flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) containerready to spread lemon frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake as directed on box and pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9 pan.
- Place spoonfuls of lemon pie filling in blobs over batter.
- Bake as directed on box.
- Cake batter covers blobs to create pockets of lemon filling inside.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix together frosting and cool whip and spread on cake.
- Keep refrigerated.