Recipe by XAnnette
This a great alternative to lemon meringue pie. I love the little marshmallows in it!
Top Review by Debbb
Awesome!! Loved the strong lemon but creamy flavour! Great texture! Easy enough to make. I used a graham crust & whipped topping. There was so much filling though, the pie shell was HEAPING & there was another cup or so leftover. I served with some cool whip & cut the pie into 8 slices - my guests were still "complaining" that the serving was too big.
- 1 regular pie crusts, cooked or 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups whipped topping or 2 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Bake Pastry Crust.
- Make pudding mix as directed on package for pudding, using sugar, 1/4 cup water, egg yolks and 2 cups water; cool slightly.
- Stir in cream cheese until well blended.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Fold in marshmallows and whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours until set but no longer than 24 hours.