Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serves 2. A simple marinade for a quick cook meal Serve with veges or a salad on the side You can use any type of fish fillet- 1 per serve or two smaller per serve as required. Cooking time includes marinating time
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely zested
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 fish fillets (1 pound/1/2 kilo estimate)
- Combine the garlic, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cracked black pepper, sea salt and the dried oregano in a large bowl. Use the bowl in which you will marinate your fish.
- Add the fish and ensure it is thoroughly coated in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Line a broiler/griller tray with aluminium foil and place the fish on in a single layer. Broil/Grill the fish for 5-10 minutes each side. Only turn the fish once during the cooking (as you do not want it to fall apart). Grill until the fish is cooked.
- Serve with a salad or veges.
The flavor of this fish is delicious and it's such a simple recipe to make. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal. Made for Mike and the Appliance Killers for ZWT 9.
This is a tasty main for lunch today. The simple ingredients lend themselves to a bright flavour that don't mask the flavour of the fish. I had swordfish filets in the freezer, so that's what I used. :-)
Nicely seasoned fish. Will make again soon. Thanks for posting.