Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From AllRecipes. Note chilling time.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) packageprepared butter pound cake, cubed, cubed
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Place peach slices into a large bowl, and sprinkle with brown sugar. Stir to coat, and set aside.
- In a medium metal bowl, stir together the white sugar, flour, lemon zest and salt. Whisk in the lemon juice until the mixture is smooth. Gradually whisk in the boiling water.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the yolks together. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot lemon mixture. Then whisk the yolk mixture back into the larger bowl.
- Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cook, stirring frequently until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Set aside.
- In each parfait glass, make a layer of pound cake cubes, about 1/2 cup. Top with about 2 tablespoons of lemon sauce, then 1/4 cup of peach slices.
- Repeat the layers one more time. Top with 1 tablespoon of the lemon sauce. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to be sure it is thoroughly chilled. Top each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.