Recipe by DJM
Serve with raspberries for a summer morning treat. From Marion Cunningham's wonderful "The Breakfast Book".
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, flour, cottage cheese, butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest, mixing well.
- Fold the beaten whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Cook on a greased skillet over medium heat.
- Use about 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- 1 1/2 minutes on first side;30 seconds on second side.