Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
I love lemon and this is another great lemon pie.
- 9 ounces pie crusts
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 -8 drops yellow food coloring
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and bake pie crust 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- In a small sauce pan, combine gelatin, lemon juice and water; let stand 1 minute. Stir over medium heat until dissolved. Stir in lemon peel and food coloring.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; beat until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add softened gelatin; blend well.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened about 15 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into cooled baked crust.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish as desired. Store in fridge.