Sally Sasquatch's Note:
A tart lemon pudding with meringue topping - minus the fattening pie crust! Although, you can also fill a baked pie crust with it. Yumm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1/4 cup sugar with cornstarch, flour and salt.
- 2Add hot water and cook, stirring, until boiling.
- 3Add egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the lemon juice and peel.
- 5Combine thoroughly and pour into individula pyrex dishes or a pie plate.
- 6Make meringue by beating the egg whites with the cream of tartar and vanilla until foamy.
- 7Gradually add sugar and keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- 8Spread over lemon pudding.
- 9Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.0
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 58.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g