Chef #570804 Halifax Liz's Note:
This is a different take on the traditional lemon curd which we have enjoyed and our friends. Got it many years ago from a library cookbook but can't recall which one - there have been too many!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred lemon rind very finely to make 1/4 cup.
- 2Squeeze juice from lemons and limes to make 1-1/3 cups total.
- 3In a heavy saucepan combie juices and sugar.
- 4Stir in eggs, butter and 1/4 cup lemon peel.
- 5Cook, stirring, over med heat (DO NOT BOIL) until thickened and coats a metal spoon.
- 6This takes about 8 minutes.
- 7Will keep in fridge for a month.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Lime Curd
Serving Size: 1 (1163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 819.5
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 363.3 mg
- Sodium 319.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 101.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g