Recipe by waynejohn1234
This is a different take on the traditional lemon curd which we have enjoyed and our friends. Got it many years ago from a library cookbook but can't recall which one - there have been too many!!
- 6 medium lemons
- 3 limes
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 118.29 ml butter, cut up in small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred lemon rind very finely to make 1/4 cup.
- Squeeze juice from lemons and limes to make 1-1/3 cups total.
- In a heavy saucepan combie juices and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, butter and 1/4 cup lemon peel.
- Cook, stirring, over med heat (DO NOT BOIL) until thickened and coats a metal spoon.
- This takes about 8 minutes.
- Will keep in fridge for a month.