Top Review by Fairy Nuff
I always try to make a roast on Sundays as the leftovers can be used for sandwiches to take to work/school. This was great, lots of lemony flavour and we loved the pine nuts. Served with baked spuds, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli au gratin and baby peas. Definitely a make again as the stuffing was just loved by us all.
- 2 kg leg of lamb, boned
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts (, I toast them in a dry pan over a low heat, shaking until they turn golden)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 grated, lemon, juice and rind of
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the lamb out flat.
- Combine all the ingredients except the extra oil, and spread onto one end of the lamb Roll up and secure firmly with string.
- Place in a baking dish, rub the outside with a little extra olive oil and roast in a moderate (180c) oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and"rest" for 15 minutes before carving*I have a very kind butcher who will put in my stuffing, and then tie the lamb much better than I can.
- Maybe yours would too.