Recipe by Moll Moll
A quick and easy cheesecake.
Top Review by jackandfiona
This was certainly quick and easy. It doesn't have a true cheesecake texture, but still a very nice dessert. I found it a bit sweet, but DH who usually doesn't like sweet things loved it. Personally myself I would have put it in a 20 cm tin, just because I prefer my fillings on the deeper side. Will try it with a tropical jello next time.
- 175 g crushed cookies (digestives are good)
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 (284 g) can condensed milk
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- The Base:.
- Mix all 3 ingredients together.
- Press into a round 23cm tin.
- Put in the fridge to chill.
- The Filling:.
- Dissolve the Jell-o with the boiling water.
- Add lemon rind and lemon juice.
- In another bowl beat condensed milk and cream cheese together until blended.
- Add vanilla essence and Jell-o mix to cream cheese mix.
- Beat together until well blended.
- Pour mixture on top of crumbed crust base.
- Refrigerate until set. (I usually leave it to set overnight).
- For a change all the lemon ingredients (Jell-o, rind and juice) can be changed to lime or orange.