Recipe by Girl from India
We love lemon so this recipe is naturally liked. Good for gatherings too. From the net. Adapted a bit.
- 1 kg baby potatoes, boiled and halved
- 1 kg steamed cauliflower floret
- 1 kg snow peas or 1 kg beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons shredded blanched lemons, rind of
- 2 tablespoons almonds, roasted and shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep potatoes and cauliflower hot, and sauté the snow peas/ beans in 1 tblsp butter.
- Add the saute'd beans to the vegetables.
- Heat the remaining butter and saute the garlic, sugar, ginger and coriander in the same pan.
- After 1 minute, stir in blended corn flour and stock.
- Sharpen with lemon juice.
- Season well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon peel and almonds.
- Served with a basket of bread.