Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am beginning to hate low fat dressings. They always seem to have this "smell" that does not appeal to me. This simple dressing is fast, easy and will perk up any salad. As I absolutely love Dijon mustard, I tend to use a heaping tablespoon.
- 3 tablespoons water (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Splenda sugar substitute (to taste) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Store in refrigerator.
Very tasty! Anytime, I see Low Fat, I'm skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm wondering if this wouldn't be a tasty marinade for chicken breasts?
This was a quick fix and very tasty! I totally agree about low fat dressings and that awful smell, I am always looking for a good, low fat, dressing and this one is just that!