Recipe by duonyte
This is a great recipe to serve as an appetizer for two or three people, but I will make it for just me as a light supper.
Top Review by Deb K*
Definitely impresses guests. A couple of notes - I don't think the olive oil is necessary - mine turned out quite oily due to the fat in the cheese and the added oil made the cheese harder to put on the bread. Also it's better if you let it cool for a bit after taking it out of the oven - too hot and it's hard to get the cheese to stick to anything when you dip.
- 8 ounces wedge brie cheese
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- lemon zest
- kosher salt
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Cut off the top rind of the wedge, but not the sides. Place in a oven-proof dish.
- Sprinkle the garlic and rosemary over the brie. Take several swipes of the lemon with a microplane or zester over the brie. You may substitute about 1/4 teaspoons of lemon pepper for the fresh lemon, but fresh is best.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake until it turns soft and/or bubbly - 20 to 30 minutes, you may need more time.
- Remove and serve with a crusty bread.