Recipe by hepcat1
This makes one serving, but it is easily doubled and is even better the next day.
Top Review by flower7
This is pretty tasty. I have very little prior experience with bulgur so didn't know what to expect from that ingredient - the overall taste of the salad is nice but the texture of the bulgur will take some getting used to. After 15 min. soaking there was a lot of liquid left so I let it go another 15 min. and most of the liquid was gone then. Doubled the recipe and it made good, easy lunches for a couple days. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1⁄3 cup canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons diced red onions
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup boiling water, bulgur, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, cucumber, celery, diced red onion, 1 1/2 tablespoons feta cheese, and dill; toss gently to combine.
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over bulgur mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill.