Recipe by English_Rose
Give your chicken some zing, broiled or BBQ'd. Great served with new potatoes and a green salad.
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 8 chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- Juice the lemon and cut the other into slices. Put in a large food bag along with remaining ingredients and shake well to coat. Leave for 10 mins (or up to 24 hrs if making ahead).
- Heat the broiler to high or fire up the barbecue.
- Lift the chicken out of the marinade, shake off excess, then cook under a broiler or on a barbecue for 20 mins, spooning over the marinade every few minutes
- Turn occasionally, until cooked through and dark golden brown.