Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are for the grill but could be done in the oven too?? They are not glazed but flavored with marinade.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips discarded
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or more)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, coarse grained
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and add the wings. Stir well and dump into a large zipper top bag.
- Put the bag on a platter and into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Oil the grates and preheat the grill to high heat.
- Remove the wings from the marinade and add the marinade to a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn one grill section from high to medium heat and start grilling the wings there.
- Grill the wings for about 10 minutes turning frequently.
- Baste with some more marinade.
- Finish the wings for 5 minutes or so (juices should run clear) on the high heat burner. It will crisp them up.