Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book. Really light, delicious, and refreshing after a summer BBQ. It is really packed with flavor! Prep time is a guestimate, and cook time is approximate, as it depends on your ice cream maker.
- Grate the zest from 1 lemon and set aside.
- Juice the lemons, saving the pulp but removing pits.
- Stir the sugar, corn syrup, and water together in a mixing bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the lemon juice/zest.
- (You can also add the rum here, but if you wait until the end, it won't take as long to freeze because of the alcohol.) Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze.
- Just before it is at sorbet consistency, add rum.
Wow! I've never tasted anything quite like this (so flavourful!)and I just fell in love with this with the very first baby sip I took! Thank you, this is just GREAT!