Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
In ‘750 Best Muffin Recipes’ by Camilla Saulsbury
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup prepared lemon curd
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on med-high speed, beat sugar, butter and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Beat in cream cheese until blended.
- Beat in egg, lemon juice and vanilla until blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and gently stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
- Divide half the batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Spoon 2 tsp of the lemon curd into the center of each cup of batter.
- Top with the remaining batter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in oven for 22-24 minutes or until tops are golden brown and spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.