Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Canadian Living Magazine. Nice lemon flavor with a hint of ginger.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- granulated sugar
- grated lemon rind
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in lemon rind and juice,.
- Combine flour salt, baking soda, and ginger.
- add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Shape dough into cylinder 1 3/4 inch in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic and chill until very firm or freeze.
- Cut into very thin 1/8" or less.
- Place on greased baking sheets.
- If desired sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 375 for 6-8 min until very lightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 min before removing from pan.