Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A natural partner to berry muffins or tea breads, and particularly delicious on lemon-flavored goodies too:)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together all ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Serve at room temperature; store covered in the refrigerator.
I did this as an icing on some banana lemon bread & used the rest as a spread for bagels, lovely tangy flavour & not too sweet, yummo!