Berry Blue Cheese Spread
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries or 1/2 cup frozen berries, thawed
- 1 cup boiling water, if you used the dried berries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces blue cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- assorted cracker
- If using dried berries, place in a bowl and pour boiling water over them.
- Let them sit for once minute, drain and set aside.
- If using frozen berries, thaw out and drain off moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until nearly smooth.
- Stir in berries, garlic and green onions, until just combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle with pecans and serve with crackers.
Join The Conversation
Yummy yummy yummy! I was looking for a recipe to use up some blue cheese and as I just happened to have bought some dried blueberries a couple weeks ago on a whim, this was perfect! The only pecans I had on hand were smoked & salted so I didn't use as many for fear of them adding too much salt. Other than halving the recipe, I only made one other change which was to add about an ounce of sour cream to help thin the spread. Served with pretzel crisps. I will be making this again for sure when I have blue cheese to use - loved the blueberries with the blue cheese. Thanks so much for sharing!