Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Untried. Putting it here for safekeeping
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat hard. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in nuts.
- Push small amount from spoon onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until delicate brown. While hot, roll in powdered sugar.
A friend of my mother's gave her this recipe about 20 years ago and they became a family favorite. For some reason, my mother only made them for X-mas and that's when I make them now that my mother has gone on to glory. You will love them and you don't have to change a thing. I can't remember now if this recipe said dip them into powdered sugar after they come out of the oven like mine does. Anyway this a delicious cookie that is simple to make. Don't change a thing.