Recipe by noway
Posted for ZWT6: Middle East. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Because I used Israeli couscous, I had to adjust cooking directions. First I brought the broth to the boil, added the Israeli couscous, butter, carrots and peas. Covered and simmered 10-12 minutes until broth evaporated. Stirred in the lemon juice and peel. Easy, delicious and we'll be making this again very soon. Reviewed ZWT 6.
- 354.88 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 59.14 ml water
- 2 carrots, minced
- 236.59 ml shelled fresh peas or 236.59 ml frozen green pea
- 295.73 ml couscous
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 22.18 ml grated lemon peel
- 22.18 ml butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth and 1/4 cup water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and cook 2 minutes.
- Add peas; cook fresh peas 4 minutes or frozen peas 1 minute.
- Add couscous; cook 30 seconds, stirring often.
- Add lemon juice, lemon peel and butter; stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.