I love these with a cup of tea or with a scoop of sorbet. The yield depends on the size of cookie cutter you use. Chill time for the dough is not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- 2Add sugar and lemon peel, beating well.
- 3Add egg, vanilla extract, and salt.
- 4Continue beating until well blended.
- 5Gradually add flour, a cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic nd refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes to an 1 hour.
- 7Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 8On a floured pastry cloth or well floured surface, roll out half of the dough at a time to 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters.
- 9Gather scraps and reroll until all dough is used.
- 10Place cut cookies on ungreased cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- 11Bake about 8 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- 12Transfer to a rack and cool 30 minutes.
- 13Sift powdered sugar over cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cookies II
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.8
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 192.5 mg
- Sodium 225.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: