Recipe by FLUFFSTER
There are lots and lots of lemon pies, but this is my way. I don't care for meringue, I like whipped topping, but I have left the topping for you to decide for yourself. This recipe makes 2 pies. I have only made the two, and haven't cut it in half. Don't substitute anything for the evaporated milk. Chilling time included in the preparation time.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope plain gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, well chilled
- 2 1⁄2 lemons (juice and pulp)
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water.
- Add hot water, sugar and salt. Cool to room temperature. Whip well.
- Slowly add the chilled evaporated milk to the gelatin mixture and continue to whip.
- Add lemon juice and pulp and beat until well mixed.
- Pour into the graham cracker crusts. Chill until set.