Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Creamy lemon and white wine sauce over sautéed chicken, mushrooms, and artichokes served atop a bed of angel hair pasta, and then sprinkled with pancetta and capers. This was my favorite thing to order when we go to Fridays. It is no longer on the menu but now I can make it at home! I got this from Robbie's Recipes. Not exactly low in calories but definitely worth it every now and then.
- 2 cups chablis or 2 cups other very dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon real butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 lemons, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped canned artichoke heart
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 4 tablespoons capers
- In a 2-quart saucepan, boil wine until reduced by half. Add lemon juice to pan, then whisk in butter until melted. Add 2 cups cream and simmer on low heat until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat, stir in spices, and set aside.
- -Pound chicken breasts with the flat side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a glass until thin.
- -Fill a large pot with water and begin to heat to boiling (for preparing pasta later).
- -Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat; add chicken to pan and sauté on each side for 60 – 90 seconds, or until chicken is cooked through. Add mushrooms to pan and sauté with until mushrooms begin to soften. Squeeze juice from both lemon halves over chicken and mushrooms; pick out any seeds. Add 1/2 cup cream to pan and bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat; stir in artichokes, parsley, and prepared lemon sauce; set aside and keep warm.
- -Add pasta to boiling water and cook as directed on package.
- -In a separate skillet or pan over medium-high heat, quickly sauté pancetta and capers until pancetta is browned; remove from heat.
- -On individual serving plates or one large platter, swirl portions of drained pasta into “nest(s)”. Arrange chicken pieces in center of nest, pour sauce/mushrooms over and around chicken, and then sprinkle pancetta/capers evenly over all.
Very nice, not too heavy and not too rich. I didn't have thyme, crazy huh, so I substituted italian seasoning which was nice, it worked well. I feel the capers were a bit too overpowering, I noticed the whole fam pushing them to the side, lol.