Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home. Cook time is actually for chilling. Nice choice for a bridal shower, baby shower, or ladies luncheon.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced or diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 large red sweet apple, cut into 1/2 " pieces,unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Add remaining salad ingredients, except nuts.
- Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, stir in nuts.
HeatherFeather, I made this for my daughter's bridal shower and everyone loved it. I have made this several times now. Delicious! Thanks for a keeper!
Yum! This is a tasty salad, and the walnuts and celery give it a great crunchy texture. It has an amazing flavor, although the lemon is more subtle than expected. I used soy yogurt in place of the sour cream, omitted the bell pepper due to personal preference, and used onion powder in place of the onion. I will definitely be making this one again.