Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of our favorite dishes. My husband finally is making it. I have also made with turkey with great results.
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lemon & herb chicken gravy
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked broccoli
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 lb gemelli pasta or 1⁄2 lb fusilli or 1⁄2 lb rotini pasta, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, sauté 1/2 thinly sliced onion and 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper in 2 teaspoons olive oil until tender.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup leftover gravy and 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is bubbling and lightly thickened.
- Stir in 4 cups cooked broccoli and 2 cups cubed cooked chicken and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook 1/2 pound gemelli, fusilli or rotini in boiling salted water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and toss with chicken mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make the lemon herb gravy - I first cook herbed chicken in a little olive oil and chicken broth and then added flour to the juice to thicken. This made an excellent dish and covered all the bases (meat, veggies and starch)! Definitely a keeper