Peppered Lemon Chicken Pasta
photo by Mrs.Harvey
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces uncooked dried spaghetti (or linguine)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in small chunks
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- Break spaghetti in half; cook according to package directions in 4-quart saucepan.
- Drain; remove pasta from pan; keep warm.
- Melt butter in same pan until sizzling; add chicken.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until chicken is golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and ground red pepper.
- Return cooked spaghetti to pan; toss to coat.
- Remove from heat, stir in green onions.
- Variation: Fresh, unpeeled, uncooked shrimp can be substituted for chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!